" Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve
me and I learn "
( Benjamin Franklin )
Training, Presentations, Workshops
I can offer training tailored to suit the needs of the organisation or individual. This can be delivered over one session or over a longer period and with groups or individuals.
Examples of Training Delivered
- Anger Management
- Cultural Competence
- Violence in Relationships
- Working Creatively
- Sexual Exploitation
- Alcohol Awareness
- Self -harm
- Basic Drug Awareness
- Hidden harm and parental substance misuse
- Engaging Families
- Reduce the Risk - a targeted intervention programme aimed at increasing the skills of the workforce to deliver a range of alcohol related interventions to young people.
Up Coming Training
Sexual Exploitation Training for 2015
Dates to be confirmed
This course is aimed at all those wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of child sexual exploitation. It is particularly relevant to practitioners and policy makers working with children and young people.
Child Sexual Exploitation Training
OUTLINE OF THE DAY
Morning Session: To include slides and group work
- · CSE background and historical context
- · National Picture
- · Online /Social Media Risks
- · Risk Indicators/Vulnerability factors
- · Boys and Young Men
- · Case Studies and The Law
Afternoon Session: DVD, slides and group work
- · My Dangerous Loverboy DVD
- · Grooming – 4 Stages
- · Say Something if You See Something
- · Trafficking
- · Gangs
- · Referral Pathways and Risk Assessment Tool
This programme allows for flexibility according to needs of participants
The course is expected to run from 9.30 am – 4.00 pm with a morning, lunch and afternoon break.
Cost: £50 per person